A dream come true...

Although I know a few people have spotted, and indeed indulged themselves in the frock I'm about to unveil to you all, I shall nonetheless make my very exciting announcement now, as if no one in the world has yet discovered the news. This project has been a good while in the planning, because nothing other than perfection will do, for myself, or for you. But finally, it's here, it's arrived, the realisation of a long-time burning ambition. I am delighted to tell you all that there now exists a dress, co-designed, inspired by and named after yours truly! Can you believe it?

Allow me to introduce...




The Fleur dress is inspired by the vintage wrap dresses that I love so much, and is based on a dress in my collection that's actually handmade, but in the same style. Our inaugural, limited edition version has been called 'English Rose', and the design has a late 40s silhouette, with a gored skirt that's not too full. Shona and I wanted to find a print fabric that works for ladies who love the 40s and the 50s, and with this lovely quality, 100% cotton, scattered with lush roses, we think we clinched it. The Fleur wraps from the back, fastening with a single button (which will change with each design, and in this case is a perfectly matching rose design), and closes with two long ties that can be fastened in a bow at the front, or the back, depending on your mood! It has two crescent shaped patch pockets, and features tucking at the pocket tops and neckline; and should fall somewhere around mid-calf, for a truly authentic 40s look.



Although the originals were mainly worn as house dresses, as you all know, I will happily wear them out shopping, to parties, to nightclubs... it's all about how you dress it up or down. We wanted to create something versatile and easy to wear for all shapes and sizes. The Fleur costs £80 and is available in sizes XS (about a UK size 6-8/US 4-6) to XL (UK 20-22/US 24-26). And I'm not just saying it, but they look fabulous on ladies at both ends of the spectrum, as I have seen with my own eyes!

So, what do you think of our first Fleur, ladies? Head over to Heyday for a closer look if you like! But do hurry if you fancy owning one of your own, because we only did a small run this time, and we anticipate them selling out quite quickly. As far as future designs go, the possibilities are almost limitless, and we certainly have some spectacular ideas in the pipeline.



I may have a further update for you soon, including a possible exciting opportunity. So stay tuned!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

PS. All photos by Tony Nylons. And just by the by, Shona has taken Heyday and her stock of Fleurs to the War and Peace Show this weekend, so any gals heading there can go and try one on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment