Corsets & Crinolines - Intel Ultrabook ad

A couple of months ago, I was lucky enough to be cast as a featured extra in a global Intel advert. It has been out for a couple of weeks now, and I've had a number of tweets from as far afield as Australia, asking if the tall, bonneted lady was, in fact, me. It is indeed, and while I got no dialogue and not exactly masses of screen time, it remains the most exciting, and indeed best-paid job of my 'acting' (by which I mean 'supporting artiste') career.

Here's the full advert! It was filmed in Sunderland train station on a chilly nightshoot, and at the Bluebell Railway in Sussex. It's a tried-and-tested (for Intel) concept - their new Ultrabook is so modern and cutting edge that it makes the protagonist go back in time.



Blink and you'll miss me! Seeing the three days condensed into 45 seconds means you miss a lot of the very carefully thought-out detail as well. Do take note of the modern, orange high-vis clad cleaner who becomes the chimney sweep, the newsagent and the policeman, even the bags and the clothing we're all wearing is specially chosen to be the same colours in both eras.

Here are some badly-taken iPhone snaps from the set!


The full costume and bonnet... only just long enough for lanky old me! 


Seeing period-costumed extras on mobile phones is always amusing.
I LOVED the lampshade dress on the right. 



The urchin and I. As much as I like this costume, I definitely think it adds about ten years!

Have you seen the ad on telly yet? Do look out for me!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment