Saucy Smalls from a Sponsor (and more!)

I don't know about you ladies, but just like lipstick and good hair, there's something about wearing good underwear that just makes one feel far more confident. I have to confess, that I am not all that rigorous about matching, though I do try to... tone my undies so they at least sort of go. And though I'm more of an M&S girl day to day, I do own some exceedingly gorgeous lingerie as well.

While my favourite brand of all time for vintage style lingerie is my great friend and sponsor What Katie Did, I am an equal opportunities lingerie lover really, and have entered into some great collaborations with other companies over the last year.

This, in turn, led to the kind ladies at Playful Promises, Kiss Me Deadly and Ayten Gasson to invite me to their press day, where I could eat cupcakes and touch gorgeous silk smalls all afternoon long.

I had to try the aforementioned cupcakes, provided by Louby Lou, and they were every bit as delicious as they looked. I also had the disctinct pleasure of seeing, and being photographed by, Nicole of The Hourglass; a lady, without whom, I can honestly say I would not be doing what I am now. She took my first ever photos, which led on to more shoots, which led on to me starting this blog to show them off. So you can put all of this down to her! What a wonderful lady. I didn't take my camera, so all the photos here are taken by her.

Here I am in my Heyday Deco Circles blouse, with an impromptu updo that
actually turned out reasonably well! 

Playful Promises are a sponsor of mine, and they have been kind enough to do a giveaway with me, which went down wonderfully. Their new season collection is lovely - bright colours, a fab sailor bikini, and the cutest little matrioshka knickers, which come in a postcard box. Keep an eye out on the website if any of that tickles your fancy. Their knickers in boxes make perfect gifts! Have a look at the photo I took when I visited the store earlier this year.

Kiss Me Deadly are another super company who've worked with me on a giveaway, and I was delighted to meet the very lovely Catherine who owns the company and designs all the lingerie.



She's posing with the unbelievably gorgeous Mam'zelle Maz, whom I know through working for What Katie Did, where she also works. Check out Catherine's hair! There's no rat in there, it's all hers, and it looked amazing. While Playful Promises has more of a modern pin-up girl vibe, Kiss Me Deadly is totally classic stuff - girdles, six-strap suspenders and luxury stockings. The newest ranges features the ethereal Viktoria Modesta posing in a series edited to look like wartime propaganda posters. It was amazing to also meet the supermodel (in my eyes) and computer whizzkid that is Morgana! She of the amazing photography, who also designed my potfolio website, and puts together the most marvellous themes for Kiss Me Deadly. She is as flawless as she looks in her pictures, and also minute! I felt like a giant next to her. The larger-than-life poster was more what I expected. :)


An ensemble from KMD's forthcoming collection! Do have a look on their site to see everything that's available and due soon... and make sure you drop some serious hints to your man!

Finally, Ayten Gasson is not a lingerie company I knew much about, but I had a lovely chat with Ayten about her love for the finest silks and handmade vintage lace. She proudly showed me some of the most exquisite lace I've ever seen, but confessed some of her supplies are running low. She's working with the oldest Nottingham lace makers to both help them revive the industry somewhat, and also to continue to be able to trim her beautiful, handfinished garments in this way. Here's a shot of Maz in a new style of teddy (and cupcake):


I can't imagine anything more feminine, and buying Ayten's lovely lingerie is also benefitting some of the oldest crafts in the UK - how perfect. It's not cheap stuff, but you get what you pay for, no doubt about that! Time for some more hint-dropping girls... let's face it, the boys get just as much pleasure out of lingerie. It's the gift that keeps on giving back!

I hope you'll take a moment to visit my sponsor and friends! :)

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment