New Year, Same Old...

Happy 2010 everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous time, whatever you got up to. I'm afraid the New Year has not brought much respite from the workload, in fact, it's even heavier to make up for the drivel that I produced during Christmas. I just was not able to engage my poor, sozzled brain, and therefore have overdue deadlines to deal with. So this blog is going to be lacking in substance for another week or so.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to make Diary of a Vintage Girl more substantive - people do seem to enjoy my outfit posts, but no one is really *learning* anything from me at the moment - I haven't done many V.I. Buys posts, tutorials or anything informative for a while. That will change - I have tons of ideas, I just don't have the time to put them into practice at the moment. Please do bear with me - I promise I will try harder!

But I am not starting as I mean to go on, because all I have to show you are a couple of photos from my NYE party at the Fox. It was an absolutely splendid night, I have to say - might have been because I quaffed an awful lot of bubbly, but I had so much fun and so did my guests. It really was the most wonderful way to see in the new decade - surrounded by devastatingly well-dressed and attractive friends, good music and fabulous acts. Unfortunately, the aforementioned alcohol consumption meant that I hardly took any photographs, and none at all of my beautiful co-hostess.

New Year's Eve 1959. Welcome to Rapture!


There we have it - another uncreative collage from me, but featuring some of my very gorgeous friends, including Hal Iggulden, the chap in the hat at the bottom, of whose Dangerous Book For Boys you may have heard. I'm really quite excited about going to see his new play Threesome later this month - if you're into dark comedy, then do please check it out! I think the chap at the back of the group shot is having some sort of seizure! ;)

As you can see, I didn't even get a decent picture of my dress, but it's the beautiful 40s number I wore on my birthday last year!



Now, please excuse me while I go and make a new hot water bottle and put on an extra cardigan, we're due for heavy snow tonight and it's already freeeezing in my little flat. Stay warm everyone!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment