Another week, another post

See, I wish I could update my blog more regularly, but I fear my life is rather too dull, and I don't want to put any potential readers to sleep! So what have I been up to?

Not a vast amount it has to be said. I spent Saturday helping out at The Kitchen Shop in Weybridge, which is possibly the best sop in existence. I may be slightly biased, but I am also a huge kitchen/baking/cooking nerd so it really is a heavenly place. It used to be nicknamed "the Aladdin's Cave" as it is literally packed from floor to ceiling with every kind of kitchen-y gadget you could possibly imagine. I got myself a groovy set of silicone egg poaching shells with my wages. I heart poached eggs, but find them a pain to make. I don't like them cracked straight into water either, they look like used hankies! Yuk!

I also encountered a lady who obviously has OCD, poor thing. She was buying six shot glasses, and I accidentally dropped one on the floor (it didn't break). I have never heard someone gasp so loudly with horror...she then demanded a replacement. I was somewhat surprised, and pointed out it was unbroken. Yes, she said, but I have a thing about stuff that has been on the floor, so I can't use them now. She must spend a lot of money replacing perfectly good things if she can't cope with a glass that spent approximately one second in contact with a clean carpet! How does she put on her shoes?!

Anyway, I then went out on Saturday night for the first time in ages to say bon voyage to my friend Claus who is off to Australia in two weeks. I can't help but feel I am missing out here, no less than 8 people I know will soon be emigrating to Australia this year. Or are already there! We ended up in a party in Shoreditch, where every single person there managed to conform to a stereotype of how a person in Shoreditch should look! Each one was wearing different clothes, yet they were all identical. Remarkable!

In other news, I got a few pictures back from Mr Tobias Key. This is shot in the regular (for this day-and-age) digital format:


And these two on a vintage Pentax, with real film!



I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. I need to study the whole lot as I mucked up the posing at first, though there were some really fab ones in there too. I have a shoot on Thursday, this one a bridal theme, then a big group one on the 5th, which should be great. Watch this space for some more updates soon!

Finally, how fabulous is this watch? I'll tell you - extremely! I must have one!
Betsey Johnson is amazing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment