Pyjamas and Pin Curls!


A couple of weeks ago, I went along to the always-fab What Katie Did shop in West London's Portobello Road for a special evening event. It was, as the title of this post suggests, all about pyjamas, namely WKD's loungewear range; and pincurls. Specifically, a class in how to do the latter!

The class began with vintage hair expert Amy Saunders teaching guests how to do the perfect pincurl. I took photos of the lovely Lisa, who is really already an expert, doing hers.



The secret is all in sectioning off the same amount of hair and ensuring you roll in the same direction for each rown, and not twisting the hair at all. After that, it is simply practice, practice, practice. You need strong arms in the beginning... and a huge amount of kirby grips!


Amy then brushed out one she did earlier, on the very beautiful Sophia who works at WKD. Amy, along with other vintage ladies of my acquaintance, is a huge advocate of the Tangle Teezer brush, one gadget I have never tried but probably should now!



It did look might fab, I must say.

I always enjoy a visit to the What Katie Did boutique as there is so much lovely stuff to browse through and look at. And lovely ladies to look at as well!




The awesome Katie and Aimee looking elegant in their loungewear! 

What Katie Did have literally just launched their A/W '13 collection, the party for which I also attended, last night. Look at the beautiful things! 

Photo by Tigz Rice

I think I might need some new lingerie.... 

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment