Bitten by the Big Apple

After what felt like an eternity of travel following the coldest week of my life, I finally returned from New York on Sunday night. With, I have to admit, a few extra items of clothing than I left with. And a desire to go back immediately!

The trip didn't start off on the best foot, because, upon arrival at my chap's apartment in Manhattan, we quickly discovered that his cable, phone and internet had all been cut off, and the mobile phone reception in Manhattan is actually terrible, the signal drops in the middle of phone calls, it's quite unbelievable, actually. But it got fixed and the rest of the trip went without a hitch - we strolled around Fifth Avenue and Times Square, went up to the Top of The Rock, had Mudslides in the View Bar, saw Chelsea, the East Village, Ground Zero (well, Century 21 really), ate at diners and bought a few things. I didn't buy any vintage as it was so over my budget, but I did buy a cute pair of vintage inspired ankle boots. I will take some pics!

Sadly pics are in short supply as the camera we had was missing a memory card ... and a cable! But here's one of my lovely NY friend and fellow vintage lover Heather. We shopped till we dropped, then went out for dinner with a group of Fedora Loungeers, out for drinks at a fab, if slight snobby bar called Death & Co and finally for a last few more drinks at Otto's Tiki Bar, where this picture was taken:

I, er...may have had a few too many cocktails by this point!

My vintage purchases lately have been rather lacking I have to say. The exchange rate is killing me! I have my eye on a couple of things though, so I'll be sure to show them off if I win! Sorry for this incredibly boring post. Hope everything is well in the blogosphere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment