Gadding about in gardens

Here's a fairly straightforward outfit post for your eyes! I took my mum to east London for a fun afternoon of viewing flats and eating food (ie the real fun bit). We had some time to kill before the flat viewings so we ambled around Geffrye Museum in Shoreditch. It's a fab place which has room set-ups from middle-class homes from 400 years ago to the present day - all fascinating stuff.

The gardens are also beautiful, and that's where I got my mum to take a few pictures so you can see my standard vintage casual outfit du jour. It was a bit chilly for a cotton frock and still is most days, so jeans are featuring heavily in my outfit choices at the moment.

Peasant top: Vivien of Holloway
Shoes: Rocket Originals

When Vivien of Holloway told me they had resized their peasant tops to make them more generous, I immediately bought two - red and black. They used to be teeny, and their size L was a bit on the small side for me but they are such a great staple for everyday wear. I do have a bit of a gypsy style fetish as well! The jeans are much older but wearing well, and I have a black pair now though they haven't featured on here yet. I like to tightroll them instead of doing a big, vintage-style turnup, a slight style clash, but that's what I'm all about these days. The Rocket Originals are old faithfuls. I love that I'm entirely dressed in British repro!





I am getting loads of wear out of my new glasses, as you can see. I'm not sure if I bragged about it already, but I actually got these free from Specsavers. Nothing to do with blogging, simply because I buy my contact lenses from them on Direct Debit! I nearly fell over when I took them to the counter to pay (just on a whim, I fancied a change from cat-eyes) and they told me they were free! I had no idea but weirdly have now heard ads on Spotify telling me about the deal. Still. If you get your contacts from Specsavers then go and get your free specs (or heavily discounted if you get expensive ones) post haste!



Not sure why I chose not to wear lipstick today. I don't wear it every day. Do you?


Just for good measure, here's one I took of my lovely mum, the most caring, patient, generous, amazing lady in the world. Long-suffering as well... when it comes to taking photos of me and many other things. Love you, mum! 


I recommend the Geffrye Museum highly for all your cultural or indeed time-killing in East London needs!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment