One, Two, Christmas T(h)ree

Oh, hello!

I hope you all had jolly old Christmases. Since I want to spend as little time online as possible between now and the dawn of 2012, I'll spare you the blow-by-blow account and instead just show you the clobber. So, as promised, here's the first instalment of my Twelve Days of Christmas Outfits!  I'm going to do them in threes, and so, here goes.

In case there are any purists reading - look away now!  None of this is real vintage. I did far too much eating, walking and slobbing to wear anything delicate!




Christmas morning and I'm wearing a comfy and (I think) elegant new jumpsuit from H&M. I got it for the princely sum of £15 last week and I felt its deep green was suitably festive and its adjustable belt suitably practical for overindulging. White vintage plastic rose earrings, and no lipstick, for what's the point when I spent almost every waking second eating and drinking...  Not shown - stinky old house slippers I wear at my parents'!


Christmas Day afternoon and it's a woodland walk to get our appetites up for our massive dinner. I'm wearing my old faithful overcoat and a pair of very un-retro boots to brave the mud. It was pointed out that this outfit had a slight Cossack vibe,  so a wee bit of silly posing was done.

 
 С Рождеством!

Boxing Day and some sombre news from a friend, plus my Dad came down with a mystery virus in the morning that left him in bed for the whole day. But as it is my familial duty to remain brightly coloured to spread good cheer, I put on some RED.



Red dungarees and peasant top are both from Vivien of Holloway at varying times and not often worn together.  They were both given as payment for favours! My old shoes are as before. I went out for another walk later on that day, and though I have no picture, you can use your imagination to envisage an identical 'Cossack' outfit with 6-inches of red leg instead of patterned green!

 

This rather snazzy brooch was a birthday gift from Miss Minna a few years back. It's evocative of a 1950s B-Movie and thus appeals to both my love of vintage, and my love of sci-fi!

And with that we're on to today and a comfy outfit to drive home. It's been so mild that I really haven't been too cold in light knitwear, and posing outdoors in short sleeves wasn't an issue.


I've already broken my rule of not wearing the same trousers again, but never mind...

The sweater is a hand knit I got from eBay back in my very early days of buying repro. It must be a good 5 years old. The trousers are Heyday as before and my shoes... enough about those! Hair is newly washed and thrown into a loose bun. The same earrings as Christmas day... and FIN.

Next this week - trying to decide what to do for New Year and trying to re-flatten my stomach! Stay tuned.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment